[Framework-Team] Re: first merges

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Oct 8 14:08:16 UTC 2006

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Aren't we supposed to have an official vote on what PLIP's we think are
>> ready for inclusion?
>
> We are supposed to decide, I'm not sure if we need to actually vote. I'ld
> like to turn this around a little bit: the four PLIPs that are currently
> ready for merging seem non-contentious. Unless anyone objects to merging
> those (and nobody has done so since I send my mail a couple of days ago)
> I want to go ahead and merge them. I'm not trying to wiggle my way out
> of a vote here, but I do want to keep things moving at a reasonable
> speed and I do not think that a vote is going to give different results
> in this case.

+1 - since we have so many PLIPs and we tend to trust one another, I
think it makes sense to go with the reviewer's recommendations unless
people are concerned.

What I would say is, if you are at all unsure (not just if you have
direct concerns) then say so, and we should discuss and vote.

> We definitely need to vote on Azax/KSS/Bling and we should do that this
> week: we should (if not must) have made up our minds on this so it can
> be included properly in the schedule for the upcoming Plone Conference.
> That means we have a deadline of October 15.

We need to do this, it's been too long already. This is one where we
should have a vote, of course. :)

I plan to post something on Monday to start that voting off. It would be
helpful if you could take a look at the original thread and/or some of
the code[1,2] before then!

Martin

[1] For Bling, primarily http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Bling/trunk
and
http://svn.plone.org/svn/archetypes/Archetypes/branches/objectrealms-bling-1.5

[2] For KSS, primarily
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/ploneazax/PloneAzax/trunk,
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/ploneazax/ATAzax/trunk and
http://codespeak.net/svn/kukit/azax/trunk/

*In particular* I'm interested in opinions on the code quality and
maintainability of the latter, the 'azax' package that is the bulk of
the functionality for KSS/kukit in Zope.