[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP review overview

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Oct 5 22:06:24 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:06:59 -0700, Martin Aspeli
> <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> They do, and the decision has not been made yet, partially due to
>> this. However, it is fairly telling that we've now got two dedicated
>> core developers regularly improving the KSS bundle in response to
>> feedback, an upstream sprint and 3-5 other developers who are doing
>> productive things and solving use cases, and the Bling bundle has
>> never worked (since the initial bundle deadline) and has received no
>> significant check-ins since that date that I can find.
>
> Right. Part of this perception is also that Ben maintains Bling in a
> separate Darcs repository and just syncs it with SVN every once in a
> while. But I agree, the KSS process is definitely more open right now.

I don't find that a particularly compelling excuse. :-(

I'm sorry if I'm sounding grumpy, but I've put a lot of time into this
review process, we are past our self-imposed deadline, and this
particular review is holding up other work.

If there is hidden code that I can't get at that will all of a sudden
appear and invalidate my assumptions and argumentation, that's very
counter-productive. My assumption will be that there isn't any code
until it materialises.