[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP review overview

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Oct 5 20:06:59 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:12:54 -0700, Wichert Akkerman
> <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>
>> This does need some more disucssion, but I also considered it important
>> to at least give some signal to indicate in which direction the
>> consensus seems to be going. It might even get Ben to fix the Bling
>> bundle...
>
> Just a heads-up on this, I spoke to Ben a few days ago, he's sick right
> now (nasty cold) and probably won't be able to do any coding the first
> few days. I still think both bundles deserve a fair chance of review,
> but the bundle does indeed need to be working first.

They do, and the decision has not been made yet, partially due to this.
However, it is fairly telling that we've now got two dedicated core
developers regularly improving the KSS bundle in response to feedback,
an upstream sprint and 3-5 other developers who are doing productive
things and solving use cases, and the Bling bundle has never worked
(since the initial bundle deadline) and has received no significant
check-ins since that date that I can find.

This is in no way a reflection on the people involved, but one of the
factors that will influence my vote (and I still haven't made up my
mind) is the apparent support in the community and the implications that
has for our ability to maintain it.