[Framework-Team] Re: 3.0 bundle broken?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 22 13:28:36 UTC 2006

Martin Aspeli schrieb:
> Hi Hanno,

[..]

>> The only problem I can see with this is that the task of merging a
>> review bundle into the main development line becomes a bigger task as
>> quite some new problems might occur. But I think this is a good
>> trade-off if we get reliable review bundles this way.
>
> I think maybe a better idea is to have shorter review cycles and merge
> sooner :)
>
> What if we let them track trunk normally, but maintain some kind of
> "last known good" bundle configuration that we could use if something
> breaks beyond the contrl of the bundle author?

Maybe it would help to make a proper destinction between the
bundle you are working on for implementing a plip
(typically the plip branches in plone/at/collective)
versus the bundle you submit for review.
Already today we may have both.

For the one you are working on you then use trunk versions
of dependencies in order to stay up-to-date. This would
be the bundle from which to merge in the end.

The review bundle on the other hand could be "frozen" by
pointing to explicit revisions that are known to work together.

That way, we the reviewers could be sure to always be able to
look at working code at the price of maybe not seeing the
latest revision (but if there's a dev bundle also we would be
even free to chose).

Would that make sense?

Raphael