[Framework-Team] Re: 3.0 bundle broken?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Nov 22 11:06:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 03:00:24 -0800, Hanno Schlichting
<plone at hannosch.info> wrote:

> The only problem I can see with this is that the task of merging a
> review bundle into the main development line becomes a bigger task as
> quite some new problems might occur. But I think this is a good
> trade-off if we get reliable review bundles this way.

I actually think having things linked to moving targets is a good idea,
since problems normally get fixed very quickly that way. Even if I was the
one complaining about it, it's a price I'm willing to pay to stay current
with CMF development. I don't want us to get too far behind, and even
though this is a crude way of accomplishing this, it's quite effective. :)

Of course, once we get closer to a release, we should lock on the one of
the released versions of CMF and Zope as our targets, but until then… :)

(we also tend to find bugs in CMF close to our releases, since we are the
largest consumer of their infrastructure — so I think this is good for CMF
too)

We can always do temporary surgery like Hanno just did to make things work
again.