[Framework-Team] 3.0 bundle broken?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Nov 22 10:32:01 UTC 2006

> Same happend to me last night and I was too tired to debug this :-(
>
> Also, be it for this or any other reason, I couldn't get the wicked
> nor the iterate bundle to start up which I had planed to take a closer
> look at.
>
> It seems to me that there might be something wrong with our process
> leading to a substancial waste of time due to the fact that we usually
> link to moving targets (aka trunk) in our review bundles.
> Maybe we should recommend to specify at least a revision number when
> linking to trunk versions of dependencies or anything else that
> would lead to a better defined and more stable state?

I think linking to trunk of our own bundles (i.e. anything in
svn.plone.org/svn/plone) makes sense. Bundle maintainers will need to
ensure their bundles remain working until they're merged - checking in
code that breaks your bundle is just stupid. :)

Linking to a branch or tag of other software may make sense, I think
it should be done on a case-by-case basis. On the one hand, we lose
productivity when something changes under us (and I have no idea what
happened in this case, and it annoys me greatly...), but we also risk
getting out of sync with our dependencies if we fall too far behind
them and no-one bothers to regularly update to the latest revision or
whatever.