PLIP 168 feedback (and fixes) was Re: [Framework-Team] Re: PLIP review overview

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Sat Nov 18 22:43:03 UTC 2006

hi guys,

i've been doing some work with iterate for a project here and wanted
to report back, as some of the issues raised here came up for me,
too. for compatability reasons i've been working with the `0.3-
plone-2.1-2.5` branch, but kapil has already incorporated some of my
fixes  into trunk.

fixed (and in trunk) with http://plone.org/products/iterate/issues/3

fixed (and in trunk) with http://plone.org/products/iterate/issues/9

> - There is not enough security granularity to grant only CheckOut,
> but not CheckIn

fixed on my local branch (and submitted as patch) with http://
plone.org/products/iterate/issues/14/

there is still one issue that needs to be addressed IMHO. i've also
filed an issue for that:

http://plone.org/products/iterate/issues/10

basically, it means that references to children of an iterated
folderish object are broken after that object is iterated. kapil has
postponed that issue and i can understand that that's a really tough
cookie to solve generically but this somehow needs to be addressed if
we want to ship plone with iterate! if we can't fix the issue we
should at least prevent a COCI-cycle for folderish objects that
contain children with backreferences. any other suggestions?

other than that iterate has been great fun to work and play with! i
found its code to be very clean and and readable and has otherwise
proven rocksolid here. if the above issue is addressed i absolutely
recommend its inclusion in 3.0

cheers,

tom