[Framework-Team] Re: [Plone-developers] Some preliminary Plone 3.0 profiling results

Bill de hOra bill at dehora.net
Tue Nov 14 14:46:46 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> Some preliminary results of running a quick PTProfiler session on Plone
> 3.0 and trying to figure out what is slowing it down.
>
> I was prompted to do this when I discovered that anonymous view of Plone
> 3.0 was about 30% slower than 2.5. Take these numbers as a general guide
> only, it's still early in the 3.0 process, and there's bound to be lots of
> improvement potential here.

Hi,

looking at some PTProfiler output for 2.5.* recently, it seems that by
far and way the biggest bottleneck in Plone views is
here/getAllowedTypes (I understand it's called twice), but it seems
optimising that call would slash the time taken in container views. Any
chance of that being dealt with for 3.0?

cheers
Bill