[Framework-Team] Some preliminary Plone 3.0 profiling results

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Nov 14 15:05:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:53:06 -0800, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> I'm a bit reluctant to do that because I don't want to maintain two
> things at once.  Think plone_tableless.

The difference here is that it would be gone in Plone 3.5. No maintenance.
Deprecation, but in a way that allows us to get the benefits earlier, and
for people to have a way to use the old-style approach in the transition
period.

You know as well as I do that people won't fix their products just because
of a deprecation warning - they wait until they break, then fix. This
would just accelerate that process, but in a less harmful way.