[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 178 review

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Nov 13 05:02:22 UTC 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:00:49 -0800, Florian Schulze
<florian.schulze at gmx.net> wrote:

> This makes no sense, because the markup changed in many places, I
> removed wrapping spans which were only for the icon etc. If this should
> really be kept, then I can try to put that back in.

I don't really think it's necessary. We screwed up, but it will be messy
to put these back. I think the only products that did anything with these
classes were things like the external file implementations etc, and they
really just want the getIcon approach back. Maybe have the classes
attached directly, so they can be used for things like having certain
types be a different color (which is arguably a sane use case).

As I see it, if you're capable of customizing and changing this CSS,
chances are that you are advanced enough to handle the new approach easily
too.

I have no particular preference either way, though.