[Framework-Team] Performance — as usual

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Nov 13 04:57:17 UTC 2006

I know it's a bit early to be beating this drum, but:

Plone 3.0 from SVN:

Plone 2.5 from SVN:

(of course, these numvers are highly unscientific, but seem to be
consistent)

I would think that getting rid of the insanity of the old portlets system
and switchin more things to views would make things faster, not slower.

I'm starting to believe that we really need an optimization sprint soon. :(

Does anybody know what the state of the Customerize stuff is, and whether
moving most of the default templates to views would help here?

In any case, we should be vigilant, and make sure we profile the 3.0
branch regularly, so nothing insane sneaks in.

*goes to check more in-depth with PTProfiler*