[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 178 review

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Nov 6 05:16:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 19:26:23 -0800, Alec Mitchell
<apm13 at columbia.edu> wrote:

> At least for BBB these should be kept (though how do you deprecate
> something like this), it's quite likely people are using these classes
> for some purpose.

Keep the class names around for one release (in the code), but turn off
the CSS, put generated.css in the plone_deprecated dir. Not perfect, but
good enough for people to retrofit it onto a site, should it be needed. I
doubt anybody outside of Plone uses the CSS implementation of this, though
- getIcon is much simpler inside a particular content type.

>> Finally something to think about: if we're extending things anyway,
>> would it be useful to add an option to request the icon in different
>> sizes? I can image that at some places in the UI you want to have a
>> large icon instead of a small one.
>
> +1 we might as well gain some flexibility while revamping things.

Yes please. I have always wanted to be able to have the
image_thumb/preview etc be the icons for content types when used in bigger
sizes (a 16x16 thumbnail is of very little use, though - have to be at
least 64x64 to make sense :)