[Framework-Team] Re: Release roadmap for 3.0

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu May 11 07:13:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006 03:03:17 +0100, Hanno Schlichting
<plone at hannosch.info> wrote:

> Hi again.
>
>> From what I have read so far, we tend into the direction of giving this
> release a bit more time. So here is an updated roadmap proposal. The one
> thing it tries to be is realistic about the dates if we allow more time
> for development of new features and therefore bugs as well and get the
> busy x-mas time in our way.
>
> Plone 3.0
> ---------
> June 26, plip freeze (no more plip's are accepted)

Do we have such a thing? I mean ... people can write PLIPs whenever they
want :)

> August 21, proposal freeze (review bundles must be ready)
> September 25, feature freeze (all features have been merged)
> October 22, first beta release
> December 18, first release candidate
> January 24, expected release

Do we have any understanding of how long it took us to jump through those
hoops for 2.5 (at least from alpha to beta, etc. and what our projections
are))? Or for 2.1? I think the interim time steps look reasonable, but
it's hard to judge how long it actually takes to get enough testing and
coding time.

"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006