[Framework-Team] Re: Release roadmap for 3.0

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Wed May 10 19:37:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-05 at 20:58 +0200, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Plone 2.5
> ---------
> May 2006, announced release
> June 2006, expected release
>
> CMF
> ---
> April 2006, 2.0
> July 2006, 2.1 (planned)
>
> Zope
> ----
> May 2006, 2.9.3
> June 2006, 2.10
> November 2006, 2.11
> May 2007, 2.12
>
> Plone 3.0
> ---------
> June 26, proposal freeze
> August 21, feature freeze
> October 22, announced release
>
> The good thing about this is that we should get all the great work done
> as SoC projects into the release, the negative thing is that we are
> again quite behind the schedule in regard to our stack, as both the
> releases of Zope and CMF we will build on are already due in June/July.
> But I don't see how we could get the good things from SoC into the
> release with some reasonable feedback and testing if we would aim for an
> earlier release.

Hmm... I'll let the date proposals stew in my mind for a little bit...
but just a comment on the SoC projects.  My feeling is that we shouldn't
assume *any* SoC project should make it into plone core for 3.0.  The
reality is that as Alec pointed out on irc today none of that stuff will
really have any chance to get battle-tested in the wild.

I'm more concerned with staying within reasonable dates with the rest of
our stack.  It frustrates me to no end we keep lagging behind our stack
releases so much (I know 2.5 and 3.0 will fix some of that).

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net