[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP wishlists towards 3.0

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Mon Mar 13 20:03:52 UTC 2006

On Mar 13, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Raphael Ritz <r.ritz at ...> writes:
>> Add bulk export here as well.
>>
>> My number one use case for this is actually migration.
>> Imagine getting rid of in-place migrations by simply dumping your
>> content from the old site as some XML file and importing it into the
>> new one after configuring it to your needs, e.g. using a snapshot
>> created via GenericSetup.
>>
>> There is actually some support for this in CMF by now (content setup
>> or similar)
>
> Yes. I'm hoping Rob Miller will champion this, since he seems to be
> leading
> the effort around GenericSetup and was talking about the benefits
> of it for
> migrations. Marshall, xmlio, GenericSetup, ArcheCSV ... there needs
> to be some
> clarity about what works and what's possible.

hmm... not sure i can, actually.  i'm very interested in getting this
working, and i'll provide guidance and help, of course, but i expect
i'll be pretty busy focusing on member management and general cmf 2.X
related stuff, this may be more than i can commit to.

sashav tried to get kapil's GenericSetup-based ContentSetup product
working at the snow sprint, but failed, and ended up having better
success w/ jens's XMLForest product.  maybe we can get more help from
him.  and maybe i'll have more time than i think, who knows, but i
would recommend against counting on me for this.

-r