[Framework-Team] zope "two visions" info

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at adaptivewave.com
Thu Mar 2 17:31:06 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

There's an active thread going on on the zope3 mailing list these past
few days regarding the vision of zope 2 and zope 3 started by Jim Fulton
where he positions building the next generation app server from zope 2
and having zope 3 become a framework/library only.

I think its quite important that plone participate in this thread so its
probably the responsibility of the framework team to do such a thing in
one agreed upon voice (Martin, I guess this means you do the actual
posting).

The gmane link to the conversation is here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.devel/10904

Whit and I discussed and we think it would be great for the framework
team to agree on a point of view and then pitch that view to the thread.

What do you all think?

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
AdaptiveWave - Consulting, Training, and Content Management as a Service