[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.0 dates

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Jul 28 21:40:04 UTC 2006

Based on earlier discussions I'm thinking of the following dates:

- August 28: proposal freeze, fwt starts reviewing bundles
- September 25: fwt finished reviewing bundles
- Sep 25 - October 8: two week period during which bundles can be
  updated and re-reviewed based on the initial review
- October 9:
- November 30: first beta release
- January 22: first release candidate
- March 12: release

The basic idea behind these dates is that we need some extra time to get
people moving on 3.0 and take the time needed to properly integrate
the bundles. If we make some more noise about late betas and rc1
hopefully we can get more upgrade feedback sooner.

Wichert.