[Framework-Team] Re: Plone 3.0 dates

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Jul 28 05:11:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:49:43 -0700, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

>> September 25, feature freeze (all features have been merged)
> This worries me more. How complete must a review bundle be?
>
> I'd like to put the bar at "useful and achievable". That is, we should
> recommend a bundle if it looks like the functionality is architectually
> sound and meets a real use case in a good way, and if we believe it can
> be
> done in time for the release. That will probably be dependent on the
> author
> producing a plausible plan for how it will get done.
>So maybe what I'm suggesting is that we put a bit more of the gap
> inbetween
> bundle and merge, rather than put it before bundles are going in, and
> encourage people to submit bundles that contain a clear plan, not just
> near-finished code.

+100. It can't be timed the way it is currently suggested, nothing will be
ready by that measure.

The idea is that people work on the bundles. Bundles can be rejected if
they are found to be lacking, before the merge. I do agree that an early
bundle date is good, since it makes it possible for people like me (who
will likely be working on the UI for most of the bundles where needed) to
participate much more easily.

> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap suggests Wichert may have
> something
> to do with that ;-)

Wichert is officially the release manager for 3.0, yes.