[Framework-Team] Re: plip 149 (better markup support) request for merge

Tom Lazar lists at tomster.org
Fri Dec 29 23:35:07 UTC 2006

On Dec 29, 2006, at 1:53 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

>  - the content types that are available when Plone is first
> installed or migrated (!) should be limited to a few, e.g. plain
> text, HTML, Markdown and StructuredText. The list atm is quite
> intimidating

ACK (as has been discussed already)

i've implemented it in http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/11783

>  - for some reason reStructuredText is in there twice...

not sure what to do about that... remove one of them from
portaltransforms? which? (i'd vote for leaving `x-rst` in, as it
follows the more 'modern' naming convention of `x-foobar` for non-
default mimetypes)

>  - the control panel should be fixed up (may depend on limi's grand
> designs)

limi? any suggestions? the panel could use a bit of ui-design love,
for sure... especially since the default type and list of allowed
types are interdependant (i.e. the default type must be in the list
of allewed types) any input would be appreciated.

>  - it should be possible to disable content types entirely in the
> control panel (atm you can only select the default; I believe this
> is just a control panel UI issue)

yeah, i just haven't ported that feature from the cmf-based control
panel yet. i'm working on it.

>  - kupu probably needs a jolt to respect the default settings (e.g.
> it shouldn't load itself for non-HTML types, I *think*, Duncan and
> Limi may have opinions)

any takers for that one?

tom