[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 11:14:13 UTC 2006

Florian Schulze wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:59:29 +0100, Alexander Limi
> <limi at plone.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:20:48 -0800, Martin Aspeli
>> <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Note, plone.app.redirector does not have a UI like RedirectionTool
>>> does for adding specific redirects, but adding the necessary forms
>>> would be fairly trivial (it'd just need to talk to the
>>> IRedirectionStorage local utility, which already has the necessary
>>> methods to query existing redirects and remove or update them).
>>
>> OK, /login it is. I don't feel strongly about it. :)
>>
>> The in-place UI (ie. not the global control, but the "I want to add an
>> alias for this document" use case) for a redirect should ideally be in
>> one of the existing tabs on the new fieldset-based forms (using the
>> term "Alias" as earlier).
>
> Dang! I knew this was coming. I thought about this for some time now and
> didn't find a good solution to add a tab here which is not Schema based.
> There was a thread on archetypes-devel about making interfaces and
> adapters for Schema and Field stuff, so you could add stuff here, but I
> don't know the state of it. The problem is, that this is one big form
> and currently only archetypes handles everything on save, ideally it
> would delegate the validation and mutation etc, so one could add custom
> fields here. We also would need to see how this works together with KSS
> inline validation, but if AT delegates, then it shouldn't be a problem.

You can do this now if you use ContentFlavors (the 3.0 branch), which is
in AT svn. The necessary wiring is in AT, but CF probably needs a bit of
updating as I'm intending to bend Kapil's use cases a bit. The necessary
wiring is in AT.

On the other hand, if we don't mind ATCT depending on
plone.app.redirector, we can do this the usual way, with a write-only
field and a custom mutator.