[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Dec 28 11:12:23 UTC 2006

On 12/28/06, Florian Schulze <florian.schulze at gmx.net> wrote:
> Dang! I knew this was coming. I thought about this for some time now and
> didn't find a good solution to add a tab here which is not Schema based.
> There was a thread on archetypes-devel about making interfaces and
> adapters for Schema and Field stuff, so you could add stuff here, but I
> don't know the state of it. The problem is, that this is one big form and
> currently only archetypes handles everything on save, ideally it would
> delegate the validation and mutation etc, so one could add custom fields
> here. We also would need to see how this works together with KSS inline
> validation, but if AT delegates, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Something just occurred me. If you get the 'Fate' product running, it
has an 'addform' directive, that creates a form for adding a AT
object. Until the validation succeeds it won't create the object. What
could be done is to provide a mixin class that overrides
'createAndAdd'. Then, instead of creating and adding an object, it
would call your 'createAndAdd', where you could do whatever you
wanted. I'm planning to do something like this for a project I'm
working on.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214