[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 10:38:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:59:29 +0100, Alexander Limi
<limi at plone.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:20:48 -0800, Martin Aspeli
> <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Note, plone.app.redirector does not have a UI like RedirectionTool does
>> for adding specific redirects, but adding the necessary forms would be
>> fairly trivial (it'd just need to talk to the IRedirectionStorage local
>> utility, which already has the necessary methods to query existing
>> redirects and remove or update them).
>
> OK, /login it is. I don't feel strongly about it. :)
>
> The in-place UI (ie. not the global control, but the "I want to add an
> alias for this document" use case) for a redirect should ideally be in
> one of the existing tabs on the new fieldset-based forms (using the term
> "Alias" as earlier).

Dang! I knew this was coming. I thought about this for some time now and
didn't find a good solution to add a tab here which is not Schema based.
There was a thread on archetypes-devel about making interfaces and
adapters for Schema and Field stuff, so you could add stuff here, but I
don't know the state of it. The problem is, that this is one big form and
currently only archetypes handles everything on save, ideally it would
delegate the validation and mutation etc, so one could add custom fields
here. We also would need to see how this works together with KSS inline
validation, but if AT delegates, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Florian Schulze