[Framework-Team] Re: plip 149 (better markup support) request for merge

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu Dec 28 10:05:51 UTC 2006

Hi Tom,

Tom Lazar wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> as of http://dev.plone.org/plone/changeset/11748 the last functional
> 'show stopper' for the markup plip has been removed IMHO and i have
> since been looking into re-implementing its control panel as a view. it
> seems that hannosch has already created quite some infrastructure for
> controlpanels in plone.app.controlpanel, which i'm eager to tap into
> (browsertests, yay!)

I have also added a long-overdue README explaining the approach taken in
far more detail, that should help you (and others) to understand what I
have been up to ;) The browsertests only make sure all the actual
control panels work, but do not explicitly test any of the
infrastructure, so they might not be that helpful.

> however, before i go ahead and create what will be the sixth(!) branch
> for my bundle i'd like to request for the branches of this plip to be
> merged into trunk, so i can continue with working on trunk directly,
> since all that is left to do
> (http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/review/plip-149-markup-support/plip149-todo.txt?rev=11748)
> are really just 'cosmetics'.
>
> all tests pass (or rather cmfplone and archetypes fail in my branch with
> the identical errors that they do with in trunk...)

+1 on merging it (I don't want you to loose any time again on handling
branches ;)

> having said that, however, i only have time to work on this during the
> next three days... if merging should take significantly longer than one
> day, please let me know, and in that case i'll continue on my own branch
> of plone.app.controlpanel in order to get things finished before new year.

As long as you don't break anything, you can just work on the trunk of
plone.app.controlpanel ;) It's not yet in any releasable state anyways.

Yours,
Hanno