[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Dec 27 15:49:16 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 06:59:18 -0800, Rocky Burt
> <rocky at serverzen.com> wrote:
>
>> "*" would be the way to go imho.
>>
>> We should probably make 'login' a new "reserved" id though so people
>> don't create content with the name 'login'.  This way /login would
>> always do as designed and we wouldn't have to worry about instructing
>> people to do /@@login.  The only remaining danger is if someone creates
>> their own content classes with a login attribute.
>
> Yup, /@@login wouldn't be any easier to remember than /login_form - so
> either /login or /admin. I'm partial to the latter, since it makes sense
> in more languages (most western languages have the word "admin" or
> "administrator", whereas login is pretty English-specific).

-1 to 'admin'; it implies that logging in is an administrator-only
function, which isn't necessarily true in all use cases (e.g. on plone.org).

+1 to 'login' - it's a common enough word that most people would know
it, and if you have other needs, well, it's one line of ZCML if we do it
with a view to make a different name.