[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Dec 27 14:54:29 UTC 2006

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On 12/27/06, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:
>> We could make a nicer implementation, by having a view with name @@login
>> registered for the portal root. /login (or /@@login, to disambiguate)
>> would then only be available on the site root. I suggest we still
>> redirect to /login_form e.g. with
>> self.request.response.redirect('login_form').
>>
>> I can whip this up if people agree.
>
> The portal root is not guaranteed to be the site root. It's common
> practice to serve a sub folder of the portal root as the site root.

D'oh! Good point! Mmm, then we can register for "*". We could also
register for INavigationRoot, though it's not necessarily guaranteed
that this is the actual virtual host root either.

Well, we can register for "*". IIRC, views don't shadow attributes or
other things normally (that's why you can disambiguate with @@ if needed).