[Framework-Team] Re: Login redirect in 3.0?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Dec 27 14:37:55 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> Framework Team,
>
> Any objections on including this in 3.0?
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/84
>
> It's something we wanted in 2.1 back in the day, but since none of us
> knew how GRUF worked or would interact with it, we ended up not doing it
> to make sure.
>
> Having a simple URL for the login form is especially important for sites
> that don't expose the login link (which is the use case for most
> websites running Plone as opposed to the community sites).

We could make a nicer implementation, by having a view with name @@login
registered for the portal root. /login (or /@@login, to disambiguate)
would then only be available on the site root. I suggest we still
redirect to /login_form e.g. with
self.request.response.redirect('login_form').

I can whip this up if people agree.