[Framework-Team] PLIP 177 - Content indexing

Kapil Thangavelu k_vertigo at objectrealms.net
Mon Dec 11 14:00:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:43:18 -0500, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Do people have opinions on this:
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/177
>
> It seems to be a very trivial patch to AT, and it could be really
> useful, but I don't know about the implications for installers and how
> bad the performance overhead would be.
>
> Daniel, thoughts on this for AT trunk?

also fwiw, as limi noted, ben relayed that this functionality should
already be in at, it was at one time apparently.

i'd prefer to rewrite that patch as a patch to file field setting up index
an accessor that runs the transforms, instead of the
baseobject.searchabletext hardcoding.

ideally all of this (including indexing process) would be async to the
request.. but cmfeditions breaks with queuecatalog afaicr.. else utilizing
clockserver in conjunction might be a nice option.

cheers,

-kapil