[Framework-Team] Re: PLIP 177 - Content indexing

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Mon Dec 11 13:55:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-12 at 13:43 +0000, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Do people have opinions on this:
>
> http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/177
>
> It seems to be a very trivial patch to AT, and it could be really
> useful, but I don't know about the implications for installers and how
> bad the performance overhead would be.
>
> Daniel, thoughts on this for AT trunk?

Personally I think this plip would be awesome to get in place.  But with
one small stipulation.  I would adding a configlet someplace or some
config option somewhere that lets you toggle this behaviour on/off (on a
functional level) and have it off by default.  That way we don't have to
worry about the performance implications by default.  Then for Plone 3.5
we could consider having it activated by default.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
News About The Server (blog) -- http://www.serverzen.net