[Framework-Team] Re: release schedule changes

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Mon Dec 11 00:37:06 UTC 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:11:55 -0800, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> I guess my counter-proposal would be:
>
>   - January 7th  : final bundles merged
>   - January 21st : first beta release
>   - March 11th   : first release candidate
>   - April 23rd   : release
>
> That is effectively a 2 week slip against your schedule allowing for
> Christmas, and making the beta period a bit longer at the expense of the
>   release candidate period.
>
> Thoughts?

I think this seems reasonable, and also agree that the merge deadline in
December is a bad idea, as well as allowing for a longer beta cycle
(there's lots of potential for breakage in this release from the sheer
number of things being added).

+1 on Martin's suggestion.