[Framework-Team] Re: Revisited: Some preliminary Plone 3.0 profiling results

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu Dec 7 23:44:47 UTC 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> My simple benchmark shows a boost in performance from 4.0 requests/sec
>> to 5.2 requests/sec for a newly created site, which is now finally a tad
>> bit faster then the Plone 2.5 branch.
>
> Wasn't it 6 requests/sec before?

Yes, but that was as I removed the recent, review and most importantly
calendar portlets altogether. The calendar portlet is still quite
resource intense, even if there's nothing to show.

Once I remove the calendar portlet now, I get about 6.2 requests/sec.
The recent and review portlets don't make any noticeable difference.

Hanno

P.S. In Plone < 3.0 the calendar portlet usually cost about 1 to 1.5
requests/sec, so it's bad but better now ;)