[Framework-Team] Re: Revisited: Some preliminary Plone 3.0 profiling results

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu Dec 7 23:18:08 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
>> The portlets also seem to be inefficient both for logged in or not,
>> but a lot of this time is spent in classic.pt, which we should be able
>> to eliminate (since we should convert all the portlets to new-style
>> portlets before shipping the release). I'm not sure if column.pt
>> wraps/includes the classic.pt time.
>
> Not sure how many portlets are still "classic", I saw that Hanno was
> working on the calendar portlet.

And while I was on it, I converted the last remaining classic portlets
as well, so the calls to classic.pt are gone now.

My simple benchmark shows a boost in performance from 4.0 requests/sec
to 5.2 requests/sec for a newly created site, which is now finally a tad
bit faster then the Plone 2.5 branch.

Could you re-run your test suite, to give us some updated in-depth numbers?

Hanno