[Framework-Team] Re: Zope 3 widgets in Plone [was: Re: 3.0-alpha1 is out.. and now]

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Fri Dec 1 16:38:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-12 at 14:23 -0200, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On 12/1/06, Rocky Burt <rocky at serverzen.com> wrote:
> > An awesome secondary goal would then be to create archetype-style
> > wrapper widgets so that we could stop having to maintain two sets of
> > widgets (one for achetypes, another for formlib).  The archetype widget
> > would simply be a wrapper for the formlib widget which would make BBB
> > much easier.
>
> Well, I'm going the other way around. I've wrote an adapter for AT
> Widgets so that they implement IWidget. A secondary goal of mine was
> to write an adapter to AT Fields to implement IField. And then we
> could use AT stuff unmodified with formlib. With not too much effort I
> still believe that's doable.

I was avoiding that direction on purpose.  Building widgets in a nice
clean zope3 way and then writing an archetypes compatiblity layer would
help BBB.  Building widgets in AT style and providing a formlib
compatiblity layer means people will continue writing archetypes
widgets :(

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt