[Framework-Team] Re: Now what do we do?

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu Aug 31 03:15:18 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I took a look at the PLIPs still remaining. I put some preliminary
> names to some of PLIPs, purely along the lines that I thought people
> may be interested in. All the ones with "?" in front of them are just
> suggestions - the other ones are the ones Wiggy, Raphael and I said we
> were interested in grabbing.

Thx for these suggestions, as my time is currently a bit limited, I
didn't have time to go through these in detail yet :(

> Hanno
> -----
> ? PLIP 142 - Componentise the global content menu
> ? PLIP 173 - OpenID support
>
> This from memory that Hanno knows the insides of PAS, if not, perhaps
> Tesdal would be better suited, but then he may have quite a lot on his
> hands?

I'm happy with these. While I don't have a deep understanding of PAS
internals yet, I trust wiggy has written some very well readable code,
as this should be the basis for a tutorial ;) If it is not, I'll have to
ask some more questions and get some third and forth opinions... After
all this should only be one additional plug-in, not some grand scale
rewrite.

The content menu stuff is probably in good shape too, the only problem I
can foresee is some overly complex design... ;)

/me goes back to fix his submitted bundles

Best wishes,
Hanno