[Framework-Team] Re: Let sleeping PLIPs lie...

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Aug 22 21:14:06 UTC 2006

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Alec Mitchell wrote:
>
> >I would say that anything that doesn't have something valuable ready
> >by the PLIP review deadline should probably only be allowed in at the
> >sole discretion of the release manager.
>
> +1, but isn't that the case with everything, anyway? Besides, I'm sure
> Wiggy would want input from the wider community on these kinds of
> decisions, so discussing it here would be valuable even if it's outside
> the normal process.

Definitely. I have no problem being an authorative bastard, but only if
I really have to. I certainly do not have the illusion that I know more
and other people. I see the release manager role as mostly being about
making sure a good process is in place and being used. Most of the
required knowledge comes from community input.

Wichert.