[Framework-Team] Here a wiggy, there a wiggy

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:21:41 UTC 2006

I'm not sure there is any benefit to having a separation of powers
here.   I would argue that the overlap in purpose actually makes
sense(and due to that, there is a high probability that a FWT member may
be a release manager).

Having the RM on the FWT may not be a necessity, but having the RM
involved as a voting member (by happenstance) can only really serve to
improve the communication between FWT and RM.    in the end, we count on
the release manager to be a benevolent dictator; the worst things that
could happen is a RM totally ignore the FWT and be absent from all
discourse.

The FWT serves as an instrument to aid the RM, a channel to enforce
process, a buffer against organic groupthink decision making.   The
process of review is the more important part, and as long as there are
people with open ears who care voting, all is well.

-w

--

 | david "whit" morriss
 |
 | contact :: http://public.xdi.org/=whit