[Framework-Team] Re: Here a wiggy, there a wiggy

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue Aug 15 04:16:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 02:02:49 -0700, Martin Aspeli
<optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Now that Wichert has been officially selected as release manager (and I
> whole-heartedly endorse that decision, he is a great choice), I'm
> wondering
> what that means for us.

Please note that according to the formal rules, Plone Foundation selects
the release manager, since it is the one that pay the release manager.

Thus, it'll need a vote to be official. I know I have said earlier that
Wichert was the release manager, but I thought it had been discussed
outside of Alec and Wichert himself.

That being said, I don't think anybody would oppose Wichert as a release
manager (he's overqualified, if anything ;), and as far as I know, there
are no other candidates.

We should get the voting from the Plone Foundation to make it a proper
decision, though. Can any of you write up a recommendation and ask the
Foundation for a vote? (I'd do it, but I'm really stretching myself to
thin these days)

— Alexander