[Framework-Team] Re: Here a wiggy, there a wiggy

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Aug 10 18:49:08 UTC 2006

Alec Mitchell wrote:
> On 8/9/06, Wichert Akkerman
> <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> > Now that Wichert has been officially selected as release manager (and I
>> > whole-heartedly endorse that decision, he is a great choice), I'm
>> wondering
>> > what that means for us.
>>
>> The fact that I'm supposed to be one of the people advising me is a bit
>> odd. This makes me feel that perhaps the fwt should look for someone to
>> replace me. At least I'll withhold from voting in order to not have
>> conflicting roles.
>
> I would say that your job as release manager doesn't really start
> until after the Framework Team's job ends (e.g. after they give you
> recommendations on products).  The fact that you are one of the people
> involved in creating consensus on those recommendations isn't a
> tremendous conflict in my mind.  However, if you are more comfortable
> not participating, or participating only in case of a tie, that would
> not be unreasonable.

I think you have a good point. I *certainly* hope that Wiggy will be an
active participant in the discussion that will go on around the bundles.
Perhaps a good solution is that he always casts the last formal vote, in
case of a tie?

Anyway - I think Alec is right that this is unlikely to be problem. The
whole point is to discuss and reach consensus, and bring our
perspectives to bear on the various bundles, not to get lost in
technicalities.