[Framework-Team] Re: Organisation of Plone components in Collective and Plone svn

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Sun Apr 30 22:33:57 UTC 2006

Well, this is a bit of a grey area.

Based on how the zope3 naming conventions are going these days, this is
what i would leans towards:

This would be for the portlets project:
  svn/plone.portlet/src/plone/portlet/*

This would be for the contextualhelp project:
  svn/plone.contextualhelp/src/plone/contextualhelp

In other words, most of the 2nd level packages warrant their own
projects and the toplevel svn directory name would actually be
"plone.whatever".

This convention can quickly be seen by perusing http://svn.zope.org/
An example would be http://svn.zope.org/zope.formlib/

Zope Corp even does this with their own pkgs which they prefix with zc.*

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
News About The Server -- http://www.serverzen.net