[Framework-Team] Organisation of Plone components in Collective and Plone svn

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sun Apr 30 22:01:14 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

A lot of the Archipelago work, like plone.portlets (a top-level package on
itself?) and LinkIntegrity and ploneKukit landed in the Collective. I'm
not sure that's the optimal place for all of them. The things that are
part of plone core and are maintained as such should live in the main
plone repo, with the protection that enjoys.

For example, I think we should have:

  plone/
  plone/ajax (for the kukit/bling stuff)
  plone/portlets
  plone/contextualrefs (to be broken out of contextualhelp)
  plone/contextualhelp

etc.

the LinkIntegrity stuff may need to be moved, but I'm not quite sure.

What's the Foundation's and our position on this?

"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006