[Framework-Team] Re: Google's Summer of Code

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:32:03 UTC 2006

On 4/19/06, Alexander Limi <limi at plone.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:18:53 +0200, Alexander Limi <limi at plone.org> wrote:
>
> > Are you guys in the Framework Team willing to take this job? I don't
> > have time to do it personally, but I believe it's hugely important that
> > Plone does this.
>
> Also make sure you are aware of the time line - we're starting to run out
> of time:
>
> April 11, 2006:
> - Application period open for mentoring organizations; administrators may
> begin submitting applications for their orgs
> - Organization administrators should begin taking mentor signups once the
> org has been accepted by Google
> - Summer-Administrators Google Group opens for discussion between org
> administrators, mentors, and Google program administrators
>
> May 1, 2006:
> - All mentoring organizations must have submitted their interest to Google
> due by 17.00 Pacific Standard Time
> - Application period opens for student proposals
>
> May 8, 2006:
> -Student proposals due by 17.00 Pacific Standard Time

I'd be happy to be a mentor to someone who's capable of acting pretty
independently (e.g. hannosch, fschulze (if he's still a student), or
some other reasonably experienced Ploner).  My time is of course
limited by release stuff until mid-May in all liklihood.  But I'll be
happy to help organize SoC related stuff during the sprint.

Alec