[Framework-Team] [Plone 2.2] PLIP 108: MessageID's

Hanno Schlichting schlichting at bakb.net
Thu Oct 20 17:43:46 UTC 2005

Hi all.

As you might now, I'm working for some time now on my personal goal to
'get i18n right' (tm) in Plone ;)

The next big problem I want to tackle is internationalization of text in
Python code. After looking at the given possibilties I have come to the
conclusion that Zope3 MessageID's are the best way of doing this. As
using these require some infrastructure changes and break backwards
compatibility I have written PLIP 108
(http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/108/) to explain the changes in
detail.

As I really want these changes to be included in the next Plone release,
I want to hear all your concerns or questions now, so we have a solid
base for the decision process.

Let the discussion begin :)

Hanno