[Framework-Team] Current PLIP status

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Sun Dec 11 09:14:28 UTC 2005

This looks pretty optimistic to me. There is going to be holidays and
sprints, and there is going to be bugdays where nobody shows up.
PLIPs tend to need some bake-in time too, so the merge date rarely is
the "plip-finished" date. Many Plone dependencies (AT, ATCT) are
prone to delays as well.

Plone development is very much momentum based, if you keep pounding
people over the head with release dates they might just finish their
stuff on time. Other than that, you will have to Release What You
Have (tm) or wait some more...

My gut feeling though is that 2.5 will overrun this plan by about 3
months (mind you, 2.1 overran my initial estimates by 6 months ;-).

Stefan

--
Anything that happens, happens.  --Douglas Adams