[Framework-Team] Current PLIP status

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Sat Dec 10 07:40:32 UTC 2005

On Dec 9, 2005, at 11:04 PM, Rob Miller wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2005, at 6:47 PM, Alec Mitchell wrote:
>
>> PLIP #113: GenericSetup
>> 	This appears to be in good shape, and while it's only a gradual
>> step towards
>> a more reasonable migration and setup infrastructure, it is a very
>> important
>> one.  The way that portal setup is performed on the branch
>> currently creates
>> some undesirable dependencies (making it so that AT and ATCT tests
>> can't
>> run).
>
> i'm working on this now.

okay, these tests are running now on the goldegg bundle (https://
svn.plone.org/svn/plone/bundles/goldegg).  it's true that there are
some undesireable dependencies.  the problem is that PloneTestCase
used to override parts of PortalGenerator to take shortcuts when
constructing the site in a test environment.  we have not yet
implemented a similar setup w/ the GenericSetup based installation,
so test construction is a bit slower, and relatively extraneous
products like kupu and ExternalEditor need to be installed before the
tests will run.

now that i've made the changes to PloneTestCase (which Archetypes
uses) and the ATContentTypes test setup, the tests are at least
running.  Archetypes has 10 failures, 92 errors out of 329 tests.
ATCT has 13 failures and 4 errors out of 635 tests.

-r