[Evangelism] Fwd: Plone.Com project changes

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Nov 20 15:26:55 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 9:03 PM, T. Kim Nguyen wrote:
> It's at http://plone.rebelx.nl/ for now.

Couple of editorial nits: "The United Nations" not "United Nations."
"Brazilian government" not "Brazil government." Also, don't end a list
with ", etc." Grammar and style are most important on a marketing site.

The front page is very pretty. Are the links supposed to go anywhere?
When we are talking about releasing it as is, are we talking about
releasing it with all dead links in the header and footer navigation?

Also, would this get proper hosting and deployment when released?
Because right now it does the Plone thing with a lot of spinning before
displaying the front page a minute later or simply ending up with a
naked timeout on http://10.0.0.37:8012/Plone. I couldn't tell if the key
features links go anywhere because they all timeout.

Without the navigation, content, and deployment being fixed, I'd be very
-1 on releasing it as is. It is a very pretty design. But it is an
anti-marketing site as is.

The scrolling sponsors at the bottom is awesome.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530