[Evangelism] call for talk proposals / Plone Symposium Midwest 2013 / June 2-9, 2013

T. Kim Nguyen nguyen at uwosh.edu
Thu Jan 17 19:31:24 UTC 2013

Fellow Plone evangelists & proselytizers - this is the official launch
of the Plone Symposium Midwest 2013 site!

Those of you looking for a brief rundown of reasons "why use Plone" *and*
an event to send potential clients and users to will find a prominent "What
is Plone?" page as well as a PLONE 101 day (June 4) as part of the program.

    http://midwest.plonesymp.org<http://midwest.plonesymp.org/?utm_source=Plone-Evangelism&utm_medium=Eblast&utm_content=Call%2Bfor%2Btalk%2Bproposals%2Band%2Bannouncement&utm_campaign=Plone-Users%2BFirst%2BEmail%2BContact>

We are also calling on all of you who have done cool things with Plone to
COME GIVE A TALK:

    http://midwest.plonesymp.org/talks<http://midwest.plonesymp.org/talks?utm_source=Plone-Evangelism&utm_medium=Eblast&utm_content=Call%2Bfor%2Btalk%2Bproposals%2Band%2Bannouncement&utm_campaign=Plone-Users%2BFirst%2BEmail%2BContact>

UW Oshkosh is continuing the format of the Plone Symposium East developed
and refined by WebLion at Penn State:

- 3 days of great (and inexpensive!) training by the four C[h]ris's: Chris
Calloway, Chrissy Wainwright, Cris Ewing, and Steve "Chris" McMahon, on
June 2, 3, and 4

- 1 day of "PLONE 101", an introduction for newcomers to content management
systems, Plone, and applications of Plone, on June 4

- 2 days of keynotes, talks, lightning talks, lunches, birds of a feather,
on June 5 and 6

- 3 days of sprints, on June 7, 8, and 9

Oshkosh, Wisconsin is in the US Midwest, 3.5 hours north of Chicago by car,
on the shore of Lake Winnebago, and is the home of the Experimental
Aircraft Association with its annual Fly-In, of Oshkosh Corporation, and,
yes, the old home of Osh Kosh B'Gosh clothing makers :)

Oshkosh (zip code 54901) is most easily reached via Appleton airport
("ATW"), with flights connecting through Milwaukee (MKE) Chicago O'Hare
(ORD), Minneapolis (MSP), and Detroit (DTW).

UW Oshkosh is the home of one of the largest installations of Plone, for
general purpose public sites, Intranets and custom Plone workflow
applications.  We will use the lecture halls, classroom space, and lounges
of our latest academic building and attendees will be able to stay in our
brand new suite-style Horizon Village, Gruenhagen Conference Center, and
the completely renovated Oshkosh Best Western hotel.

Our Plone team is really looking forward to hosting the best Plone
Symposium yet :)

PLEASE SEND US YOUR TALK PROPOSALS AND SPREAD THE WORD!

    Kim

--
Check out the new UW Oshkosh Intranet <http://uwosh.edu/intranet>! (
uwosh.edu/intranet)

Come to Plone Symposium Midwest <http://midwest.plonesymp.org>, hosted at
UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email
plone-help at lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

UW Oshkosh Intranet Project
http://plonedev.uwosh.edu/intranettaskforce
http://uwosh.edu/plone

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen <http://twitter.com/tkimnguyen>