[Evangelism] Looking for talking points comparing Plone vs. Wordpress

T. Kim Nguyen nguyen at uwosh.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:34:16 UTC 2013

We're launching the Plone Symposium Midwest 2013 site (Come to Oshkosh this
June 2-9!!!!), but I thought you might want to see what we included as the
top navigational item on the site: "What is Plone?"

https://midwest.plonesymp.org/what-is-plone

We are accepting talk proposals now! You heard it here first. :)

Go Plone!

    Kim

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Servilio Afre Puentes <
afrepues at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> dduncan <donnyduncan at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Needing three years of experience to customize anything successfully in
> > Drupal is precisely why I don't use it. I understand having special
> > functions and all, but I don't see that much from Drupal to make it
> > worthwhile in my opinion.
>
> Don't forget deployment, even with drush in the picture it is several
> steps behind buildout/fabric/etc. that we have in the Python ecosystem.
>
> Servilio

Check out the new UW Oshkosh Intranet <http://uwosh.edu/intranet>! (
uwosh.edu/intranet)

Come to Plone Symposium Midwest <http://midwest.plonesymp.org>, hosted at
UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email
plone-help at lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

UW Oshkosh Intranet Project
http://plonedev.uwosh.edu/intranettaskforce
http://uwosh.edu/plone

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen <http://twitter.com/tkimnguyen>