[Evangelism] [Plone-developers] Looking for talking points comparing Plone vs. Wordpress

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Fri Oct 26 14:25:02 UTC 2012

Am 26.10.2012 um 16:10 schrieb Armin Stroß-Radschinski:

> Am 26.10.2012 um 13:00 schrieb Lennart Regebro:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Armin Stroß-Radschinski
>> <developer at acsr.de> wrote:
>>> Lennart you are right,
>>> but Plone giving WordPress a challenge as a simple blog or simple
>>> workflow
>>> website tool is like the tiger wanting to eat whiskas all days.
>>>
>>> Our target is more catching all the upcoming tigers and cure them
>>> from
>>> trying to start with cat food or cheese.
>>
>> Well, what our target is, is something completely different. The
>> question is not what customers Plone wants, but what  system the
>> customer wants. :-)
>>
>> //Lennart
>
> Youre wrong from my point of view...
>
> I am always selling what the customer needs and not what he wants!
> Customers do not know what they need!
Clarification: As a designer, I sell innovation! Stuff that mostly
nobody delivered before.
But if a 1000 flys cannot be wrong eating more sh... is not an option.

WordPress had a lot of luck when the movabletype vendor/developer did
the well known mistake to change their licence policy and initiated a
switch of the whole community to WordPress.

The chance to jump on a train like that is rare but should be catched
if e.g. Sharepoint fails. But hopefully we are in the sharks reef
instead of the gold fish glass. Be careful and have fun!

Armin