[Evangelism] Plone vs "the others"

T. Kim Nguyen nguyen at uwosh.edu
Thu Oct 25 17:03:52 UTC 2012

Greg - very cool that you're giving that talk! ...and that a new uni has
decided on Plone. Which uni is it, and have they got a profile on
PloneEdu.org yet?

    Kim

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Greg O'Toole <gto1 at psu.edu> wrote:

> Armin, All,
> I would be happy to help out with this. I'm giving a talk on this exact
> topic this winter in Tokyo and also need to freshen up the talking points.
> The university where the talk is being given has decided on Plone, but is
> new to Plone. (I'm on the plone.org list as well.)
>
> Gregory O'Toole, M.A., Ph.D. (ABD)
> Faculty, Instructor/Sr. Web Designer
> College of Information Sciences & Technology
> Adjunct Faculty, College of Arts & Architecture
> The Pennsylvania State University
> http://www.openwebb.com
>

> FW Message:
>
> ---
> Lets create professional Whitepapers
> ==================================
>
> How can we proceed to refine this topic into one whitepaper like
> content for Plone.com called
>
> "Plone vs. WP ? The Full Featured CMS Plone compared against
> WordPress" a WhitePaper
>
> (How does this title sound for native speakers?)
>
> If someone is willing to step up to find the tenor of language we need
> to put the finger into the wound without too much bashing? A
> Whitepaper should cover arguments people need to internally promote
> Plone in their organisation or to their customers after discovering
> there is a safe alternate CMS!
>
> If you think you can rewrite existing stuff like below for target
> groups, please join the plone.com mailing list
> http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-com
>   and drop me a line to join the trello board for task sharing!
>
> The same has to be done with the excellent Sharepoint feature
> comparison.
>
> Armin

Plone Symposium Midwest will be hosted at UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email
plone-help at lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

UW Oshkosh Intranet Project
http://plonedev.uwosh.edu/intranettaskforce
http://uwosh.edu/plone

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen