[Evangelism] PyCon Japan 2012 and Plone

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Wed May 23 08:19:56 UTC 2012

On 23 May 2012, at 08:38, Dylan Jay wrote:

> Since it's python we could use snake names. Plone cobra. Plone Anaconda. Plone Boa etc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snakes_by_common_name)

I really quite like that idea.

> Previously there was a suggestion of famous beaches. That makes international which is nice. Plone Brighton, Plone Bondi, Plone Del Mar, Plone Ventura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_beaches)
> Alteration can sounds good so a theme of words starting with P?

Yeah, that is very good too and I like the international aspect of it. I think I like it even better than the snake one. We just need to watch out as Apple codenamed a laptop Pismo, which is a beach in California. I don't think they were on a beach theme though as the others in the series were Lombard (I presume the street in SF), and Wall Street.

We have to have a sprint / release party at each one of these beaches as we go along right? ;)

I've always thought the Ubuntu release names were a bit naff. Whilst I think they work great for developers I always feel a bit daft referring to Breezy Badger or Oneiric Ocelot in a business setting.

-Matt