[Evangelism] PyCon Japan 2012 and Plone

Armin Stroß-Radschinski developer at acsr.de
Wed May 23 05:26:25 UTC 2012

The value of a "release name buzz " is something I absolutely agree
with! (except beer or wine, which is not compatible with every culture
of having fun or not ;-) That should not be a joke!

Thanks Gabrielle for bringing this up again!

> Von: Armin Stroß-Radschinski <developer at acsr.de>
> Datum: 29. April 2011 11:54:53 MESZ
> So I make a suggestion to rename future minor releases after
> Galaxies. To boldly go...
read more there...

"running gag" concepts for campaign sequels are the solution that
burn=>brand values into brains.
If we use a continuing metaphor it may save a lot of headaches in the
creative department!

Here the arguments for galaxies from a proposal not shared wider until
now (be not limited to earth!):

> Release Tamtam across the universe
> ====================================
>
> We should have a regular naming schema for Plone releases like Apple
> and Ubuntu together with the new release schedule. I already have
> published this goal on the list and provided an idea by using the
> official names of Galaxies – Going far beyond than any other CMS ;-)
>
> There are some reasons behind. One big benefit is that those names
> are usually trademark free, even if this needs some basic checking.
> And – the availability of free images by the NASA (allof them are
> free and public domain!).

We should make Plone is so cool you would like to have a tattoo of it
and be sure to have a chance being proud of it when you retire!